Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Got Science?

First off, sorry to those of you who accidentally got the next question box a day earlier (I misjudged in my scheduling).

Okay, the last question box: I went and looked it up, and apparently there is a National Christmas Tree Association. According to their "Tree Facts," it can take 4 to 15 years to grow a Christmas tree, but the average time is 7 years. It's actually a really interesting website. According to them, artificial Christmas trees are much worse than real ones. The most interesting (and slightly disturbing) fact from their website is that the first artificial Christmas trees were made by a company that made... toilet bowl brushes! Yes, with the same materials and machinery as well. Puts a whole new light on Christmas trees, doesn't it? I certainly thought of our (artificial) Christmas tree a little differently after that. Very interesting website.

Poll: (well, not really) Which is better: real Christmas trees or fake Christmas Trees? Tell why if you wish as well.

2 comments:

  1. I think that real Christmas trees are much better because you really get the feeling of Christmas. Although, it's pretty ironic because I don't have a real Christmas tree, but I wish I could get a real one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree a real Christmas tree gives you a good, warm feeling inside..I know my family has got real christmas tree since I was born, and they smell better. It is a huge air refreshner! Nothing wrong with plastic trees, i just think the real thing is always better! ;)

    ReplyDelete