Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Eccentric Teachers

I'm sure everyone has had at least one really weird teacher in their life.  In fact, if you ask me, all teachers are at least a little weird (how could they not be, after being cooped up with us kids for so long?).  But I wanted to record today for prosperity's sake- during my very serious chemistry midterm, I heard a really weird rubber-ish noise.  It's sort of the last thing you'd expect to hear while in a midterm.  So I looked  around and (without much looking, as it was bright orange) saw that my chemistry teacher was making a balloon animal.   Yes, he was not grading tests, or sleeping, or on his laptop, or doing normal teacher things, but was making some sort of four-legged creature and making a lot of noise while doing it.  Which thankfully waked me up sufficiently to finish the rest of my midterm (I was beginning to doze) but does raise some interesting questions: Where did the balloon come from?  Why did my chemistry teacher decide to make a balloon animal while we were taking the midterm?  And, Why don't other teachers make balloon animals during midterms?  It's admittedly pretty neat....

3 comments:

  1. What? That's really weird...and funny! Maybe he started to notice that some kids were starting to doze off and he tried to wake them up by making balloon animals?

    But no teacher is weirder than kokopelli1015. Though he is a good teacher, you must admit that he is a little weird sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm... but if you think about it, isn't your teacher blowing up balloons in the middle of a midterm actually quite bad? Maybe that's why other teachers don't do it. Because as you said before, you heard a really rubbery noise. If I personally was working on a test, I would not want a teacher making noise. If you're trying to concentrate on a test, would you not find a little distracting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I thought it was amusing. And after being so nervous and serious about all these tests, a bit of silliness is appreciated...

    ReplyDelete