Monday, July 28, 2014

The Laziest Summer Ever

This summer, I have embarked upon what will forever be referred to in my memories as the laziest summer ever.  With absolutely nothing to do pending going to college, I have to admit, although such a long period of idleness will most likely never grace my schedule again, I would be quite glad for it.  For once, I am finally understanding the true meanings of "bored", "idle", and "lazy" means, and although it's quite satisfying to be lazy, it's also extremely aggravating.

So in the extreme nothingness of this summer, I've decided to apply for a blogger position at MIT.  And in doing so, I have to of course, submit samples of blogging. Which caused me to come back to this blog and look through some old posts and whatnot, back at the heyday of my blogging.  I've come to realize that there are several annoying blogging habits that make my writing difficult to read.

First of all: gigantic chunks of text. In this texting/email era, who wants to start reading a paragraph with seemingly no end? Even my patience has begun to run short with some of the long ramblings on this blog.

Second of all, I need pictures.  Admittedly, as a science blogger I was a bit concerned about copyrights, thus the extreme dearth of pictures of my blog, but I guess if I blog about say my own life, then I should include pictures.  A lot more of them.

Lastly, I need to stop sounding like I'm trying to pitch sales to people.  There are way too many !! marks, which is probably either a consequence of being young or a consequence of being excited about whatever I'm writing about.  Either way, although they're not bad reasons, I really don't need to sound like those people at the mall telling you to look at this product!! It's so amazing!!!

So in my future blogging habits, I will attempt to try to correct these poor habits, as well as find some interesting things to blog about.  On the note of blogs, here is my tumblr where I enjoy reblogging interesting science posts that come my way: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/pippinpoppin. Check it out for cool happenings in the world of science (strongly resists urge for the exclamation point...)



No comments:

Post a Comment